– According to Yahoo! Sports, details of a potential Dwight Howard trade continue to emerge. In the latest scenario, the Nets would acquire Howard in a 10+ player deal among four teams. Whether this deal happens or not, there’s no doubt that a trade is picking up steam, and could be completed as early as Monday. Here’s the rundown of the latest deal:
“In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets’ Brook Lopez, Damion James, Sheldon Williams, Cleveland’s Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said. Cleveland would receive Orlando’s Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn’s Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic.”
– The Knicks and free agent F Steve Novak have agreed to a 4-year/$15M contract, according to Yahoo! Sports. The three-point specialist hit 2.5 threes per game, second-best in the league behind Ryan Anderson, while hitting at a 47.2% clip (easily the best in the league).
– According to beat writer Mike Wells, the Pacers will match the Blazers’ offer sheet for F Roy Hibbert, which is believed to be a 4-year/$59M contract. Hibbert averaged 12.8 points on 49.7% FGs and 71.1% FTs, 8.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.0 blocks. He’s missed just three games total over the past three seasons.
– The Canucks have re-signed F Mason Raymond to a 1-year/$2.275M extension on Monday. The Canucks invoked a provision of the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement to file against the 26-year-old in order to reduce his $2.6M by 15%. With the move, Raymond was guaranteed to make no less than $2.21M next season. Raymond collected 10 goals and 10 assists in 55 games with the Canucks last season, appearing in five post-season games and recording one assist.
– Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that RHP Mark Appel is leaning toward turning down a $3.8M offer by the Pirates and returning to Stanford. Appel, a Scott Boras client, reportedly turned down a $6M offer by the Astros prior to the draft, so it’s no surprise he’s turning one down for just over half that amount. If Pittsburgh violates their draft pool allocation, it will result in forfeiture of their 2013 1st-round pick.
– The Cubs have agreed to terms with No. 6 overall pick OF Albert Almora on a $3.9 million contract, reports Jim Callis of Baseball America. Major League Baseball recommended a $3.25M bonus. Almora has drawn comparisons to Orioles’ OF Adam Jones.
– WWE will be holding a rare double television taping tonight from Denver, Colorado, with both Monday Night RAW and Friday’s SmackDown being taped. These will be the “go home” shows before Sunday’s WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view. As of Monday afternoon, no matches have been announced for either show. As previously reported, the WWE website is teasing a follow up to AJ’s actions at the end of last week’s show for tonight’s RAW. The advertised dark match main events are WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis a handicap match. Zack Ryder will serve as the General Manager of tonight’s SmackDown taping after winning the Great American Bash Battle Royal on last week’s show.
– Kharma indicated on her Twitter account that she is now a married woman. Acknowledging that she has a mother-in-law, she tweeted over the weekend:
I love my mother-in-law’s New England accent. She doesn’t play darts, she plays “DAH-ts”! #family
TMZ.com reported last December that the she planned to tie the knot in June after her fiancée proposed to her with an engagement ring shaped like a wrestling ring.
– Today’s wrestling birthdays include Shelton Benjamin (37), PN News (46), Marc Mero (52) and Kevin Nash (53).
– According to the PWInsider, WWE developmental is about to have a huge influx of new talent, including several of the world’s top independent workers. Here is an update on some of the latest rumored names headed to FCW in the coming months:
International wrestling star PAC has signed a developmental deal. PAC is known for his death-defying style and has been called “The Man That Gravity Forgot”. He most recently worked for Dragon Gate in the US and Japan.
Matt Taven has been offered a deal and he is currently undergoing testing. Taven worked a dark match at the most recent FCW TV taping and has worked for Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate USA.
Sara Del Rey has been offered a developmental deal and is currently undergoing medical testing. She is been one of the top female indy workers of the past several years, with impressive runs in SHIMMER, CHIKARA and Ring of Honor.
Mercedes Martinez is also rumored to have been offered a developmental deal after attending recent WWE tryouts at developmental.
Sources within WWE says expect to see a lot of top independent talents signed in the next few months as part of Triple H’s initiative to overhaul the developmental system.
– Scott Hall appeared as advertised on Saturday for an autograph signing at the Frank & Son Collectible Show in City of Industry, California. It was a make-up appearance for no-showing a New World Order reunion two weeks earlier due to transportation issues. Appearing alongside Sean Waltman, Hall was extremely friendly, outgoing and took the time to talk to each fan, according to a report on WrestlingFigs.com. He was also candid with fans regarding his experiences in wrestling.
– Tammy Sytch (aka Sunny) has been announced to appear at this Saturday’s Combat Zone Wrestling ‘New Heights’ iPPV. Meanwhile, the WWE Hall of Famer addressed online reaction to reports that her boyfriend, Damien Darling, gratuitously removed her underwear during a wrestling match at an independent show in Long Island, New York on Saturday. She wrote on Facebook,
“my God… people are soooo gullible? The dirt sheet writers AND fans…lol.. not saying about what, but if youre smart you can figure it out. We crack ourselves up sometimes.”
– Episode 24 of WWE Download with Dolph Ziggler is now online. “In this week’s “WWE Download,” Dolph Ziggler compares some of his fellow Superstars to the “stars” of these cringeworthy YouTube videos.”
– Matt Morgan continues to tweet cryptic messages about his future in pro wrestling. Morgan, who is rumored to be returning to WWE in the coming months, was asked on Twitter if he’s signed with the organization. He responded:
Is it true that @Tnamattmorgan signed with #WWE ??? does anybody knows anything about that? #TNA #DestinationX
@EslamShepherd well, I KNOW the answer to that one, and very soon EVERYONE WILL KNOW the answer. #ChangeIsGood
– Magnus denied an online report claiming that he said during a meet and greet this past weekend at the London Film and Comic Con that he had one year left on his contract with TNA Wrestling and would not be staying with the organization once it expires.
“Nope. Nonsense. Someone stirring up sh*t.”
Magnus stated earlier this year during an interview with Power Slam that he would consider leaving the promotion for WWE if the circumstances were great.”
– New TNA Champion Austin Aries has issued his first public comments since capturing the title at Sunday night’s Destination X pay-per-view. Aries tweeted on Monday:
Too many thoughts and feelings to express right now, but…..It’s a #GREAT day to #BGR8.
CM Punk, Dixie Carter, Colt Cabana and others congratulated Austin Aries via Twitter on winning the TNA Title at Destination X last night. Their tweets are below.
CM Punk: I didn’t see it, but congrats to @AustinAries @SamoaJoe and @ZemaTNA Looks like somebody finally gets it. Kudos.
Dixie Carter: Congrats @AustinAries!! What a year it has been. You have fought hard and deserve this!
Seth Rollins: I owe a lot to @AustinAries for the time we spent working together. Good luck and congrats to A Double. You deserve it brother.
Colt Cabana: Congrats to @AustinAries. #Champ
Nigel McGuinness: Proud tear in my eye. Wonder at how great life can be sometimes. Another of my ROH peers. Proved it wasn’t hype.
David Lagana: Life is made of moments. This was one of them. Congrats to Austin Aries. @ TNA Impact Wrestling Zone instagr.am/p/M2BWvew66G/
Work with great people, hand them the ball, believe and trust in their work and don’t put negativity into the world. Result = #DestinationX
Bobby Roode, the former champion, offered his own thoughts on the events that transpired last night and says a “Big decision” lies ahead after the conclusion of his 8-month title reign:
A lot of emotion today. Last night @AustinAries and i tore it down. The last 256 days has been a hell of a ride. Now…. A big decision…..