– With WWE’s 60-day suspension of Randy Orton for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program last Wednesday, according to the PWInsider, the sentiment within the organization is that management is getting serious about drug testing since he is a top star. It has been widely speculated in the past that WWE officials selectively enforced drug testing policy violations based on a wrestler’s importance to the organization. Since last July, WWE has handed out 10 suspensions to nine performers (Andy Leavine, Darren Young, Evan Bourne, Heath Slater, Mike Chioda, R-Truth, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara), the most within a one-year period since WWE began publicly announcing all Talent Wellness Program violations on November 1, 2007. From November 2008 up until the July 2011 announcement of Sin Cara’s suspension, the company had only issued one suspension (to Rey Mysterio).
– WWE Champion CM Punk was at the Philadelphia Comic Con event over the weekend and participated in a Q&A session. Among the topics discussed, Punk talked about his brutal travel schedule:
“I was home Thursday. And, before that, two weeks ago, I was home for 22 hours. It’s not healthy – I need to go home and hibernate, I know I really do. A lot of people go, ‘You look really tired today.’ Thanks. Downtime doesn’t exist.”
Punk also addressed the amount of wrestlers currently suspended (Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne) and WWE’s thin talent roster:
“There’s two guys and the talent pool has never been thinner. How many guys are suspended right now? (laughs) Yeah, they’re wearing us out, but we can handle it – it’s me and Cena. We need more guys, but I like to be outside [making appearances].”
– Speaking to Arda Ocal of The Baltimore Sun, injured WWE Superstar Ted DiBiase reveals that he will be ready to return to action in a month and is 85% healthy.
– Konnan, 48, and Chavo Guerrero, Sr. (a/k/a Chavo Classic), 63, took to Twitter over a dispute, which resulted in a nasty war of words. Responding to Guerrero, Sr.’s public criticism toward him, Konnan wrote May 21,
“public forum u came to the right place.u have never heard me bury you in public y tu senor tienes mucha cola q pisar.Chill out.”
Guerrero, Sr. responded,
“yeah but i have nothing to hide and my pigmentation is brown not my nose and any time u want to bring nit on jump.”
Konnan then wrote Friday,
“Listen chicharron..i dont brown nose anyone, never had never had to, thats your ignorant opinion.im not the one kicked of WWe.
“2X or drivin taxis in Vegas, or asking me 4 work drunk off yur ass in EL Paso, if u had beef Y didnt u tell me 2 my face there.”
Guerrero, Sr. struck back,
“I’ll tell u what gimp lets cut the bs and next time i see u I WILL CALL U OUT AND LIKE USED MR STEROID HABER DE CUAL CORREA.
“SALE MAS CUERO IT WILL BE A PLEASURE TO KICK UR FAT BALLHEADED ASS BY THE WAY I FORGOT MORE WRESTLING THAN U WILL EVER KNOW AND
“I DON’T FORGET MUCH BITCH SO LET UR ASSHOLE START PUCKERING U BROWN NOSING SOB
“AND YES U WERE KICKED OUT OF WWE WHEN DOING THE ROBOT GIMICK OH BUT U DON’T REMEMBER BECAUSE U WERE NOT A HIT, MR. CACA.”
The former WWE Cruiserweight Champion then apologized to his Twitter followers for his profanity-laced tirade, writing,
“WANT TO OPOLOGIZE TO MY FOLLOWERS FOR MY LANGUAGE REPLYING TO KULO KONAN BUT THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THIS GUY CAN COMPREHEND HE IS STILL SAVAGE.”
He then challenged Konnan to a “Shoot Fight,” writing,
“ANY PROMOTER WANT TO BOOK A SHOOT FIGHT BETWEEN KONAN AND CLASSIC I WILL SIGN ?: IS WILL HE HAVE THE GUTS TO GET WHIPPED IN PUBLIC
“DON’T MATTER ANYWAY HE’S TOAST.”
Konnan responded Sunday afternoon,
“Chicharron, if u aint 2 busy scoring coke, i will b more than happy 2 c what u got left.U couldnt tear up a chcken at a luau.”
“Dude, you have been using dat line since i met u” in response to Guerrero, Sr. boasting to forget more wrestling knowledge than Konnan will ever know. Konnan continued, “who cares how much u forgot if u are broke, bitter and a bitch..u made a complete fool out of yourself at Galli in Chicago as usual and the shit that went down between u and Mysterio Sr, is for being.”
Incensed, Guerrero, Sr. responded,
“ENOUGH TALKING STEROID DUDE TU A MI ME LA PELAS SO SAVE UR SHIT FOR THE CONFRONTATION NO MORE TWEETING HERE NEXT TIME WE MEET
“I PROMISE I WILL MAKE UR OTHER LEG LIKE UR GIMP ONE TILL THEN MR. CACA
“IF I AM BROKE I AM HAPPY AND DON’T OWE MONEY TO ANYBODY UNLIKE KONNAN THAT RAN OUT ON TNA WHEN THEY PAID FOR HIS OPERATION
“AND MY NOSE IS CLEAN NOT FULL OF SHIT AND U KONNAN SHOULD GET CHECKED FOR AIDS BY MANY KIND OF INJECTIONS INCLUDING UP UR ASS.”
– Kings’ F Simon Gagne (concussion) is expected to play in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals. Rust might be an issue with Gagne, who hasn’t played since December 26, 2010. We wouldn’t be surprised if the Kings decide to limit his playing time in 5-on-5 situations, but he should use him consistently when they have the man advantage.
– Heat’ F Chris Bosh (abdomen) is officially listed as day-to-day, but the team remains hopeful that he can play in Game 5. Bosh told the team he was ready to play “10 days ago,” but they held him out to avoid aggravating his lower abdominal strain. Head coach Erik Spoelstra said, “It’s premature to say he’ll definitively play. This is not a normal situation. It is heightened and it is extreme. We have to be judicious in our evaluations.” We’ll update his status once more is known.
– According to the PWInsider, Matt Morgan will continue appearing for TNA Wrestling despite reports that he has met his contractual obligations with the organization. He has been announced for TNA’s upcoming Impact Wrestling live event tour of Texas: June 14 in Belton and and June 16 in Houston. He is advertised to face Crimson on both shows. Other matches scheduled for the tour include Rob Terry vs. Doug Williams, Gunner vs. Garrett, Kid Kash vs. Chris Sabin, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles vs. Daniels and Kaz for the World Tag Team Championship and Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship.
– Karen Jarrett, wife of Jeff Jarrett, posted cryptic messages on her Twitter account Monday.
“Trust no one… Things are about to get VERY INTERESTING/ENTERTAINING to some of you!!!! #dropthegloves.”
– Jaguars’ WR Justin Blackmon pleaded not guilty Monday to his aggravated DUI charge. His hearing is set for July 24, three days before the Jaguars open training camp. Per Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union, Blackmon is “unlikely to serve any jail time,” though he’s at risk of league discipline, particularly if the NFL holds Blackmon’s college DUI against him.
– Giants’ TE Martellus Bennett insists his recent weight gain was by design in an effort to bulk up, and that his “pants size has gone down,” according to Mike Garofalo of the Star-Ledger. Bennett recently jumped from 265 to 291 pounds, and conducted an interview shirtless to show off his “6 1/2 pack” abs, claiming he was “one of the top five strongest guys on this team right now.” TEs coach Mike Pope publicly said that Bennett is “probably a little too big for his legs to carry,” though head coach Tom Coughlin added Monday he’s not overly concerned with the weight gain.