– Ric Flair and his wife were involved in an altercation at the couple’s SouthPark condo Monday night, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department report. Police say at around 9:40 p.m. Flair’s wife, Jacqueline Bains Beems, assaulted the former professional wrestling champion, whose real name is Richard Morgan Fliehr. The incident took place at the pair’s condo in the 4000 block of Sharon Road near SouthPark Mall, but no one was arrested or transported to the hospital, police said. Beems was arrested in February of 2010 for allegedly assaulting Flair during a domestic dispute at the couple’s home in the Stonecroft neighborhood of south Charlotte.
In that incident, police said Flair’s wife punched him in the face. Beems was charged with assault, while Flair received minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital. Those charges were dropped by the district attorney in July 14 due to a lack of evidence. Beems was also arrested and charged with DWI and reckless driving on March 31, 2012. Flair and Beems met in 2004 in Chicago and dated until they married on November 11, 2010. Each was married previously. Flair has been involved in other police incidents. In September 2008, he received cuts and bruises and his 23-year-old daughter was arrested in connection with a dispute that also involved a 22-year-old man at a Raleigh apartment complex. And in November 2005, Flair was charged in connection with an incident on Interstate 485 in south Charlotte. In that case, he was accused of grabbing another motorist by the neck.
– Check out Heat’ F LeBron James’ bar tab after they won the NBA Finals:
– After Monday’s RAW Supershow, the following matches have been confirmed for next month’s WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view
WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
MITB Match (WWE Title Match Contract On The Line): John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Big Show vs. Kane
MITB Match (World Title Match Contract On The Line): Participants TBA
WWE Money In The Bank 2012 takes place on Sunday, July 15, 2012 from the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
– Chris Jericho tweeted the following after his return to RAW on Monday night:
Awesome to be back on Raw! Great time working @JohnCena and the crowd was amazing! #byebyesuspension
Cool to see the @FOZZYROCK footage from @DownloadFest on Raw! Such a great gig! Glad that those of who weren’t there, got a taste of it…
– WWE Champion CM Punk tweeted the following message this week about his upcoming DVD release:
Watching an early copy of my DVD. I’m pretty speechless. Very humbling…
So many people I respect. Telling stories about my life and career. I can’t put it into words.
– According to DraftExpress, the Kings and Rockets are reportedly discussing a blockbuster trade. The Rockets are offering G Kyle Lowry, the No. 14 pick and No. 16 pick in exchange for G Tyreke Evans and the No. 5 pick. Houston’s attempt to stockpile draft picks in order to acquire F Dwight Howard from the Magic continues. Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated has already denied that the discussions are taking place, however. Stay tuned.
– The Sixers, Timberwolves and Celtics are “actively pursuing” a trade for Trail Blazers’ G Jamal Crawford, a source tells CSNNW. Crawford and the Blazers mutually agreed to push back his opt-out deadline, so the team may be able to trade him before he hit free agency. The report also cites the Suns and Clippers as having “diminutive interest” in Crawford. Of note, a trade before draft night would grant Crawford his “Bird Rights,” but if he’s not dealt, he’ll become a UFA.
– ABC Detroit reports Lions’ CB Aaron Berry was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Harrisburg, Pa. on Saturday. Arrested at 4:45AM, Berry was booked after striking two parked vehicles and fleeing the scene. In addition to DUI, he’s been charged with causing accidental damage to an unattended vehicle and failure to stop and give information to law enforcement. Counting two each for Nick Fairley and Mikel Leshoure, that’s now six arrests for the Lions this offseason.