– Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Rangers have reopened negotiations with OF Josh Hamilton on a possible contract extension. Contract talks were tabled following Hamilton’s relapse in early February, but the two sides recently began discussing a long-term contract. The Rangers, however, remain hesitant to give him a long-term deal similar in value to the one the Angels gave to 1B Albert Pujols (10 years/$240M) or the one the Tigers gave to 1B Prince Fielder (9-years/$214M), which does make sense given Hamilton’s detailed injury and addiction history. Hamilton, a free agent at season’s end, could break the bank in the winter.
– LHP Dontrelle Willis has dropped his grievance against the O’s after the team granted his request to pitch as a starter in the minor leagues. Willis left Triple-A Norfolk two weeks ago after he was told he would pitch in relief. He claimed that he received permission to leave the team, but the O’s later said that he didn’t receive management’s consent. He was then placed on the restricted list, which led to him filing the grievance. Willis will report to extended spring training in Florida this week in an effort to build up his workload.
– Check out this fan getting hit in the groin–then having the ball deflect off a woman’s face sitting right beside him–all in an effort to catch a Brandon Inge homerun. Enjoy:
– Chiefs’ RB Jamaal Charles (torn left ACL) estimates that he’s “80%” recovered. Charles had surgery on October 6, 2011, so he’s almost seven months removed. He expects to be given clearance to join his teammates on the field by Dr. James Andrews soon. “I feel I can do the same thing my teammates do. I do it without the coaches around. I catch the ball, I cut, I do a lot of drills and I’ve been doing this for two months.” Charles vows to come back “bigger, stronger and maybe even faster” this season.
– The Devils eliminated the Flyers from the postseason yesterday in a 3-1 win, thanks in part to another questionable goal allowed by Flyers’ G Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryz has been either super shaky or a brick wall this season, but his lack of playoff experience is showing. He remains under contract for another 8 seasons. Check out the bad goal:
– Scott Steiner is back with more rants, this time revealing new details about Eric Bischoff’s involvement in the Gold Club Atlanta strip club scandal. Steiner talks about Eric Bischoff and his wife talking strippers to a hotel for some late night activities – and the only reason this information got out is because Bischoff is a bad tipper:
“Bitchoff also said in interview Im going thru a mid-life crisis and im a drug abuser,pretty stupid statement.
Since his business partner Hogan recently did a sex video and hes over 60,and hogan testified under Oath that he did steroids,WTF bitchoff how stupid are you,in these interviews you cant deny What Ive been saying,so you say stupid shit and bury yourself and Hogan.
Havent had a chance to post 609bitchoffs testimony yet,but since Ive been getting alot of tweets Back wanting to know about it,Again 609 is the last sequence in his docket # 1:19-CR-609 and he Testifies under oath that he and his wife go to the Gold Club and pick up a stripper and take her To a hotel,he watches his wife have lesbian sex with the stripper and then he joins them,but the best But the best part is reading his testimony and you can see what a weasle he is.
Also in reading his testimony you find out the only way he gets caught is he gave the stripper a Bullshit tip,and she gets pissed goes back to the Gold Club tells her boss what he tipped her. He then goes into the register and gives her a bigger tip…….BUSTED..if he would have just gave her a Good tip her boss wouldnt have gone into the register,the FBI was watching all transactions.
I betcha 609bitchoff whos always bragging about how much money he has,wishes he would have gave her A better tip,that must drive you nuts at night,knowing that if you werent such a cheap-ass you could Have avoided all this embarrassment,Hey Eric when you explain lesbian sex to 609garrett And your daughter can you have a fan videotape it,I think this is just the fan participation that hogan was Talking about.
This was another reason why I left,I wasnt going to watch a low-life low-class piece of shit like you run Tna into the ground like you did WCW,Trust me I’m just getting started…FUCK U. 609 Save Tna.”
– According to the Wrestling Observer, with WWE building towards a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H match at SummerSlam, it’s been confirmed that plans for Lesnar to feud with Randy Orton have been scrapped.
– According to the PWInsider, the feud over the Intercontinental championship between Cody Rhodes and the Big show is expected to culminate at next Month’s No Way Out PPV. WWE’s angle on RAW this week with Cody Rhodes running away from the Big Show and getting counted out is setting the stage for a cage match where Cody can’t escape and has to go toe-to-toe with the 7 foot giant.
– According to F4WOnline, as reported earlier this week, Dustin “Goldust” Runnels has been from his job as a WWE producer/gent. After rumblings that his release was related to an “incident” at a recent SmackDown taping, the F4W Newsletter is reporting that Goldust booked a dangerous, high-impact spot at the SmackDown two weeks ago, where Yoshi Tatsu took a double-team powerbomb from Titus O’Neil and Darren Young.
– Paul Heyman was asked by a fan on Twitter whether he’ll be wearing his trademark baseball cap on WWE television. He replied, “Not a chance. I’m beautiful and I know it!” Heyman has been re-tweeting several messages from fans and colleagues since returning on Monday, including one where a fan suggested a CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar feud.
– According to the PWInsider, the current plan is for Mason Ryan to be aligned with Abraham Washington’s new All World talent agency and for Dolph Ziggler to remain with Vickie Guerrero and Jack Swagger.
– As reported earlier this week, a new WWE viral marketing campaign is already underway. The campaign, which states, “A Revolution Is Coming,” has launched on WWE.com and will be pushed more heavily starting on Monday. No word yet on if the campaign will air on television, or whether it is promoting a superstar return/debut, the WWE Network launch or something else. The video, which is hidden on WWE.com and appears randomly before certain video content on the site, appears to show flashes of citizen uprisings. Check it out here:
– Continuing the feud from RAW between John Laurinaitis and the Big Show, Laurinaitis tweeted the following on Tuesday:
“Remember how I said I’d “consider” accepting @WWETheBigShow’s apology for making fun of me? I’m not quite sure he’s sorry enough.”
Considering Heyman’s strong ties to both men, it will be interesting to see the extent of CM Punk’s interaction with Heyman on television – and whether a Punk vs. Lesnar match will be the way WWE gets the title off Punk and onto Lesnar.
– WWE Champion CM Punk appeared at Tuesday night’s Chicago Cubs vs. Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball game, throwing out the opening pitch and singing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” during the 7th inning stretch. Punk friends Lita, Colt Cabana and Cliff Compton were spotted at the game with him. A WWE camera crew was also there to shoot footage for the upcoming Punk DVD set that Paul Heyman is also participating in. In honor of hometown hero CM Punk appearing at Tuesday’s Cubs game in Chicago, local pizzeria Dimo’s Pizza brought back its Punk-themed “Anaconda Vice” and “Not-At-All-Vegan Go To Sleep” pizzas. They will be available for a limited time, through May 14.
– Former WWE Divas Stacy Keibler (without George Clooney) and Torrie Wilson (with Alex Rodriguez) were spotted in New York City on Monday night at the A-list ‘Met Ball 2012? event. Keibler tweeted before heading to the event:
“Ready for a glamorous out in #NYC with my girl @torrie11”
After the event, Keibler, Wilson and A-Rod headed to the after party at the Electric Room night club with comedian Aziz Ansari. After her fun night out, she tweeted:
“Cocktails anyone? Had a blast last night making drinks with one of my fave girls in the world @malinakerman at #metgala.”
Check out these pictures of Stacy Keibler at the Met Ball on Monday night, courtesy of JustJared.com:
– The official theme song for WWE’s Over the Limit pay-per-view is “War of Change” by the band Thousand Foot Krutch.
– To capitalize on the interest surrounding the upcoming WWE Championship match at Over The Limit later this month between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, Ring of Honor’s official website will be airing the CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson match from 4/23/04 that took place at “ROH Reborn: Stage 1.” That match, along with another match between The Briscoe Family vs. The House of Truth, can be viewed tonight at ROHWrestling.com “absolutely free” between 6-8pm (Eastern).