– Former WWE Women’s Champion Chyna collapsed at a adult convention in Miami, Florida today for the third time since Thursday, and was admitted to a nearby hospital, TMZ.com reports. Chyna was appearing at the 2012 Exxxotica Expo on behalf of Vivid Entertainment to promote their adult film parody of Avengers. A Vivid representative tells TMZ the company was worried about her following yesterday’s medical scare but Chyna insisted she was fine. Chyna passed out in the lobby of the Miami Beach Convention Center and was admitted to Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach. In addition to passing out yesterday at the adult film expo, she was ejected from a party on Thursday night for unruly behavior and passing out in a pool.
– A number of Flyers’ players have undergone offseason surgery. F Claude Giroux (right/left wrist) went under the knife to repair torn cartilage in his right wrist, and bone spurs in his left wrist and will be sidelined for 6 weeks. F Wayne Simmonds (broken left index finger) will miss 4-6 weeks; D Matt Carle (torn stomach muscle) will miss 4-6 weeks; D Kimmo Timonen (disc fragment in lower back) will miss 8-10 weeks; and F James van Riemsdyk (torn labrum in right hip) will miss 6 weeks.
– According to CBS Sports, the Blue Jays have placed 1B Adam Lind on outright waivers. Danny Knobler reports that although the team has not announced the move, Lind’s name was among those placed on waivers on Friday according to a major league source. Outright waivers are irrevocable, so if Lind is claimed by another Major League franchise he would immediately become their property. If claimed, that team would be responsible for the entire remaining value of Lind’s contract, which will pay him $5 million this and next season and includes three club options that guarantee him another $3.5M. In 34 games this season with the Blue Jays, Lind hit .186 with three homers and 11 runs batted in, before being sent down to the Las Vegas 51s yesterday.
– Reds’ manager Dusty Baker said following Saturday’s game that LHP Aroldis Chapman could replace LHP Sean Marshall as the team’s closer. ”He’s been so good in the eighth. Like I said, you’ve got to graduate to that position. Who knows maybe graduation time is here? We’re got to discuss it, talk about it. Matter of fact, we already talked to him about it.” The 24-year-old has yet to allow an earned run and has a dominant 32/5 K/BB ratio in 20 1/3 innings of relief this season.
– Marlins’ manager Ozzie Guillen said Saturday that he expects OF Emilio Bonifacio (thumb) to be placed on the DL. The Marlins are currently awaiting the results of an MRI on Saturday. Bonifacio left Friday’s game after injuring his thumb while attempting to steal a base in the fifth inning.
– MLB.com’s Peter Gammons reports that 2B Orlando Hudson is expected to sign with the White Sox. Hudson was released by the Padres on Thursday. He batted just .211/.260/.317 with five triples and 11 RBI prior to his release.
– Mets’ OF Jason Bay (rib) is scheduled to hit off a tee Sunday. The Mets will request permission from team doctors for Bay to begin taking light batting practice on Monday, but it’s not yet known when he’ll be cleared to return. He could rejoin the team in early-June.
– The Cubs have reacquired C Koyie Hill from the Reds for cash considerations. The 33-year-old returns to the Cubs after spending all or part of the past five seasons in the organization from 2007-11. He batted .208 with seven home runs and 63 RBI in 252 games with the Cubs during his first stint. Hill was batting .195 this season with a homer and five RBIs for Pensacola — the Reds’ Double-A affiliate.
– The Dodgers have placed 2B Mark Ellis (left knee) on the 15-day DL. Ellis was injured during the seventh inning of Friday night’s 6-5 Dodgers victory when he took a short toss from shortstop Dee Gordon on a fielder’s choice grounder by Shane Robinson and was upended by Tyler Greene on a hard but clean straight-on takeout slide.
– The Royals have placed LHP Everett Teaford (lower abdominal strain) on the 15-day DL. Teaford was scheduled to start Sunday.
– Saints’ owner Tom Benson isn’t worried about unsigned franchise QB Drew Brees’ contract situation. ”It’s going to be worked out. I assure you that Drew Brees will be playing here.” Benson backed GM Mickey Loomis, saying that he guarantees a deal will get done after Brees called the talks “extremely frustrating” in a Wednesday radio interview. At a standstill since last summer, the sides have until July 16 to reach a long-term accord.
– According to the Denver Post, the Broncos have opened long-term extension talks with LT Ryan Clady. The Broncos have reportedly reached out to Clady’s agent, though nothing between the two sides appears imminent. Clady, 25, allowed a career-high nine sacks in 2011. He’s currently set to make $3.5M in the final year of his rookie deal.