– WWE.com announced Monday night that The Bella Twins have been fired from WWE.
The Bella Twins fired from WWE
DAYTON, Ohio – WWE.com has learned that The Bella Twins have been fired from WWE.
The news comes just one day after Layla defeated Nikki Bella to capture the Divas Championship at Extreme Rules. The WWE storyline was that they were “fired,” but the reality is that their contracts were expiring at the end of April and they decided not to re-sign. As recently as last week, there was a storyline in place for Kharma to return and destroy the Bella Twins to explain their departure, but that angle was scrapped when the details leaked online. The Bella Twins tweeted the following after being released:
“Bella’s have left the building… Happy ending at the Nutter center??? Well at least we finished it off! #ByeByeBellas”
Kelly Kelly also commented on their departure:
“I’m gonna miss my besties @thebellatwins We’ve had an amazing 5 years together and I love you like my sisters …Thank u for everything!”
The WWE website has posted a video of Eve Torres firing the Bellas, which you can see here:
– WWE.com has an article up looking at possible consequences for Brock Lesnar following his brutal attack on Triple H on Monday’s RAW Supershow. The article states that Lesnar was escorted from the building by security and may be suspended or fined for attacking the COO. Since Brock Lesnar’s WWE contract stipulates that he is only required to make approximately 2 appearances per month, this will be a way to get him off television for a few weeks. As per the storyline, Triple H’s arm was placed in a hold that “created a tremendous amount of torque on his upper arm and elbow.” WWE doctor Dr. Chris Amann was quoted in the article:
“He has a non-displaced fracture of distal humorous. Fortunately, this is not something that needs surgery with pins and screws. We’ll be treating him with a sling for comfort and following with him in the next few days.”
According to WWE sources, Triple H is on the list of WWE superstars scheduled to wrestle Brock Lesnar over the next year.
– Brock Lesnar’s match with John Cena at Sunday’s Extreme Rules PPV got rave reviews from most fans who saw the show, but Lesnar went ballistic backstage after the match and was screaming at WWE officials and ripping apart the locker room. According to PWinsider.com, the huge blow-up took place because of the promo John Cena cut after the match. The original plan was for Cena to be so badly hurt by Lesnar that even though he won, he would be stretchered out, which would keep Lesnar looking strong. Lesnar perceived Cena’s speech as a double cross by WWE officials and totally lost it backstage. The angle on RAW with Lesnar and Triple H and Lesnar’s temporary departure from WWE television was the plan all along, but relations between Lesnar and WWE are not good at the moment.
– Rey Mysterio’s scheduled appearance at the Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con on Sunday, June 3 has been cancelled. The WWE Superstar is currently serving a 60-day suspension for his second violation of the company’s Talent Wellness Program.
– During Monday’s RAW, WWE’s Spanish announce team revealed that Sin Cara is scheduled to make his in-ring return for the SmackDown brand’s Mexico tour May 24-26. Its possible that Sin Cara’s return to television could come before the Mexico tour, but he will be wrestling in Mexico later this month.He has been off WWE television since November of last year while rehabbing a knee injury.
– The following matches have been announced for WWE’s next pay-per-view event, Over The Limit on May 20th:
WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis
– Beth Phoenix and Sheamus spoke to SportsTownChicago.com last week promoting Extreme Rules. In the ranks of WWE Divas over the years, The Glamazon is asked where she would rank herself.
“I would have to rank myself absolutely number one because I am. I’ve achieved more than any other WWE Diva in the past. I’m a four-time champion. The second female to ever compete in the Royal Rumble, amongst many, many other accolades… Diva of the Year. You name it, I’ve done it, so I would put myself number one.”
– Kofi Kingston & R-Truth defeated Primo & Epico on RAW to capture the WWE Tag Team championships. Kingston wrote the following on Twitter last night after he and R-Truth won the tag titles:
“Well hot damn! What do we have here?! @RonKillings and @TrueKofi New Tag Team Champions!!! Yezzir!!”
As for Kofi Kingston’s former tag team partner Evan Bourne he tweeted the following message late Monday night:
“6 weeks of antibiotic infusions to kill my bone infection will be done in 90 minutes! One step closer to recovery.”
– Scotty Riggs, who held the WCW World Tag Team Championship with Marcus “Buff” Bagwell, stated the following Tuesday on Facebook after his former tag team partner was involved in a serious car accident last week while traveling near his hometown of Marietta, Georgia: “FLOCK U” … KEEP MARK (Bagwell) IN YOUR POSITIVE ENEGRY & PRAYERS … HE’S COME A MILLION MILES BUT HAS A MILLION MORE TO GO!!! … I’LL BE CALLING HIM AGAIN LATER THIS WEEK!!” Bagwell has made major progress since the accident as he was discharged from intensive care days after requiring a breathing tube.
– Wednesday marks as the nine-year anniversary of the passing of Miss Elizabeth. The wrestling trailblazer died on May 1, 2003 in the Marietta, Georgia home she shared with Lex Luger as a result of a drug and alcohol overdose.
– A press release issued this week confirmed that The Miz will be starring in The Marine 3. The Miz will portray “a Marine who is forced to put his skills to the test when a radical militia group kidnaps his rebellious niece. The unrelenting soldier does whatever is necessary to save his niece and stop a terrorist attack masterminded by the militia leader.” Scott Wiper (The Condemned) will direct the film, with principal photography starting on June 11th in Vancouver. 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will handle worldwide distribution on DVD, Blu-ray, VOD and digital download while WWE will handle promotion.
– Despite getting crushed by Lord Tensai several weeks ago, Yoshi Tatsu continues to rant about Tensai, stating that Tensai’s name is in bad taste and vowing to defeat Lord Tensai. Here’s what Tatusu wrote:
“As of today, I am planning to post several tweets regarding my thoughts and feelings toward Lord Tensai. First of all, I have a strong reason why I must defeat Lord Tensai. As in my Japanese lesson, “tensai” means natural disaster.”
“As everyone knows, Japan experienced a major earthquake and tsunami on March 11th of last year. More than 15,000 people lost their lives, over 5,000 people are still missing, and more than 5,000 people were injured. In addition, over 130,000 people lost their homes. Sadly, the recovery has been very slow. Many people are still living in temporary housing, without jobs. Moreover,the Japanese people haven’t been able to recover from the grief of losing family members,including children who lost their parents.”
“Out of respect, I strongly urge Lord Tensai to change his name. As Japanese superstar of WWE, I cannot tolerate him using this name during Japanese appearance. Even though he is tremendously big and very strong, I will defeat him someday. Japan was defeated by natural disasters – “TENSAI”. And I, Yoshi Tatsu is the one who defeats that “TENSAI”. When I beat him, I will make him change his name. This is #YoshiRevolution Episode 1.”
– WWE Studios has a new movie project in the works, partnering with France’s Kare Productions to produce a new movie titled, “Les Reines du Ring” (Queen of the Ring). The movie is about a mother looking to strengthen her bond with her estranged son who is a WWE fan, and becomes a WWE Diva. The movie will feature WWE trademarks and footage, consumer products and cameos by CM Punk, The Miz and Eve Torres. Punk, Miz and Eve filmed their scenes in France during WWE’s post-WrestleMania tour of Europe. WWE Studios will have the rights to distribute the movie in America and Canada and can remake the movie in English if they choose to do so.
– According to ProWrestling.net, Hulk Hogan recently told the New York Post that he has a “new concept” that will “change the business” and be a “momentum shifting” idea – and word has gotten out about what the concept is. At Monday’s Impact Wrestling tapings, the word going around the TNA locker room is that the new concept is something where TNA will be calling on their fans to film TNA wrestlers whenever they may encounter them, in or out of the ring, TMZ/paparazzi-style. Sources in TNA say talent is not thrilled with the idea, with people joking about Hogan encouraging “candid footage” of TNA stars – considering how badly his own image has been hurt by TMZ coverage (his divorce, Nick Hogan’s car wreck, his sex tape, etc.).
– In addition to Slammiversary, TNA Wrestling will hold a second pay-per-view event in June titled, TNA Wrestling’s Greatest Moments. According to in DEMAND, the three-hour highlight show premieres Saturday, June 2 and will feature “some of the most monumental and surprising moments in TNA’s history.”
– Predators’ F Alexander Radulov and F Andrei Kostitsyn have been suspended for Game 3 in Nashville for violating team rules. Radulov is 3-4-7 and plus-3 in nine playoff games, while Kostitsyn is tied with Gabriel Bourque with a team-high 3 goals in these playoffs.
– Brewers’ LHP Chris Narveson (left shoulder labrum) underwent successful surgery Tuesday and will miss the next 9 months. Narveson will miss the rest of the season and possibly the early part of spring training next year. The 30-year-old has made 28 starts for the Brewers in each of the past two seasons and will be arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter.