– Blue Jackets’ F Kristian Huselius (pectoral) might return within the next 2 weeks. ”I’m feeling good. I’m not 100%. It’s going to take time, but I can do some things now. I’m definitely close to returning to practice. Then we’ll see how long it’s going to take before I can get back up to speed. You can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s nice to do more and more every day.” Huselius was given the same timetable roughly 2 weeks ago. He’s set to undergo an MRI on Saturday.
– Avalanche’ D Erik Johnson (groin) has been placed on the IR. Johnson hasn’t played since November 20. He has nine assists and a minus-12 rating in 21 games this season.
– Regarding Maryse Ouellet’s departure from WWE last month, the Wrestling Observer reports that company officials had been looking to cut ties with the French-Canadian glamour model for over a year, since she did not fit their commitment to wholesome, family-friendly, PG content. Her “history of non-PG activity” was of concern to WWE executives, The Observer notes. Ouellet was not initially endeavoured due to her relationship with The Miz. WWE parted ways with Ouellet shortly after she asked to be released from her contract.
Friends of Ouellet say she lost interest in performing for WWE over the past year and was ready to move on to the next chapter of her life. She announced this week plans for a fashion and accessory line called House of Maryse. She also plans on returning to glamour modelling and has her sights set on posing for Playboy again. WWE’s decision to release Ouellet was also fuelled by the expectation that unlike Gail Kim, she will not cross over to TNA Wrestling. She confirmed last week during a red carpet interview that she has absolutely no interest in joining America’s No. 2 promotion, let alone continuing wrestling. She told Pop Candies TV:
“I’m done with wrestling. No TNA, no TNA, no TNA!”
– Former WWE performer Vito LoGrasso (aka Vito) responded to WWE.com listing him among the seven biggest turkeys to ever trot the squared circle. He stated Friday on Facebook,
“A lot of people are upset with the WWE today. They spoke of me in a negative way which put the fans in shock. How would they post something like this on a holiday?! I have a family and the kids are all upset. I thought they had an anti-bullying policy.”
“If you ever been bullied you know how it feels. Good night Joey Styles, where ever you are.”
Vito also reacted to being labeled a turkey in an interview with Gerweck.net. He says he plans to take the matter to GLAAD and TMZ, pointing out the hypocrisy in WWE bullying him.
Former WWE talent Nick Cvjetkovich (aka Kizarny) shared similar sentiments regarding his former employer’s demeaning piece as he called it “a dick move” in a YouTube video Friday.
“So much for anti-bullying @WWE @JoeyStyles. Receiving tons of positive messages is the only thing that saved my Thanksgiving that u wrecked!”
– Knockouts VP Karen Jarrett is livid over the Knockouts disobeying her orders to show more skin on last Thursday’s episode of IMPACT Wrestling and is now planning some major punishment for the ladies on next week’s show. She stopped by the IMPACT Wrestling Post Show to address her plans for next week’s show and how she has taken matters into her own hands with the Knockouts. She vents to Jeremy Borash,
“These stupid little bitches think they’re going to continue to mess with me? I tell’em to cover up, they won’t cover up. Then I tell ‘em to take it off and they put on more than what they normally wear!
“Well, you know what? They have messed with the wrong lady! One thing that they continue to forget is I’m running the show around here! They answer to me! So next week, I’m going shopping—one of my favorite things to do—and I’m gonna provide the outfits that they’re going to wear in the ring.
“They wanna play games? Game freaking on, bitches!”
Here’s the video:
– Kurt Angle stated on Twitter that he will be participating in the United States Olympic wrestling trials that will be held in Iowa City, Iowa this April to determine the team that will go to London, England for the 2012 Olympics.
“I’m Already Qualified for final Olympic trials In June. But I Will Official Enter Olympic trial Qualifier Tourney in April in Iowa! I’m Ready.”
“I’ve set my sights on this. There are certain goals I had in my life and I’ve done them. I won an Olympic gold medal, but last time I did it I didn’t really enjoy it. I didn’t have fun. It was more of a job and there was a lot of pressure on me. This time I’m going to soak it in, enjoy everything I do from the training to going to London and making the Olympic team, enjoying it and remembering the Olympics instead of putting it out of my mind.”
– Gail Kim has responded to criticism that she repeats herself in interviews regarding her views on WWE.
“I’m not gonna not answer questions people ask me. Why don’t you ask them why they ask a question that’s been answered?”