– According to the PWTorch, at this morning’s WrestleMania Axxess Q&A session, Shawn Michaels teased involving himself in The Undertaker vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania XXVII tomorrow. When asked about Triple H ending “The Streak. I’m not sure I can let him do what I couldn’t.” He then commented on whether he plans to interfere in the match, saying, “I’ll do everything I can not to stick my nose in. Maybe.” He added, “Do you ever find that you’re meanest to the people you love the most? If I ruined his chances of ending The Streak, I’m sure he’d beat the tar out of me at that moment, but I’m sure he’d forgive me eventually.” Michaels’ role in the match has not been announced by WWE.
– The Atlanta Journal-Constitution lists the following as the match order for WrestleMania XXVII on Sunday:
United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Corre
John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & LayCool
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)
WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena
According to the PWI, however, an angle was conducted at today’s WrestleMania Fan Axxess event where The Corre attacked Kozlov following his victory over Tyler Reks, apparently injuring his shoulder. This would likely take him out of the Eight-Man Tag. WWE acknowledged the attack on the company website: “Twitter and YouTube has since erupted with photos and videos of the incident. The footage only serves to leave the WWE Universe wondering about Kozlov’s condition, or what condition he’ll be in for the Eight-Man Tag Team Match at WrestleMania.” Kozlov has officially been replaced by Kofi Kingston.
– TNA Wrestling Superstar Ric Flair is staying at WWE’s hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. It is said that he will be attending tonight’s WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony, to witness Shawn Michaels’ enshrinement.
– Triple H is expected to use a new theme for tomorrow’s ‘Mania event. It will be “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica.
– Cardinals’ manager Tony La Russa said a decision on whether or not to place OF Matt Holliday (appendectomy) on the DL will be made on Monday or Tuesday. The club believes that Holliday has a chance at returning prior to the 15-day stint, thus the delay. They start a 10-game road trip on April 8, and are hopeful he can join in at some point.
– Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Orioles’ LHP Brian Matusz (strained intercostal muscle) will miss 3-4 weeks. Kubatko says he’s still “waiting for confirmation,” but that’s the early word after an MRI earlier this evening.
– Rays’ 3B Evan Longoria (sore left oblique) is expected to miss about one week. Manager Joe Maddon has not ruled out a DL stint, though. Longoria will be reevaluated Sunday after a tests and a visit with team trainers. He told reporters afterwards that he felt discomfort during batting practice.
– Blue Jackets’ D Jan Hejda has been suspended 2 games for his elbow to the head of Blackhawks’ F Marcus Kruger. Hejda will lose $21,505 in salary. He received a two-minute minor on the play.
– Wild’ D Nick Schultz (concussion) will miss the remainder of the season. Schultz was injured in December and has been dealing with concussion-related issues ever since.