– According to Jack Curry of YES Network, “there is a belief” that LHP Cliff Lee is going to the Phillies. Curry also mentions that if Lee picks the Phillies, it will be for “a lot” less money than the Yankees offered. It’s unclear how deeply the Phills are involved, but a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations tells FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Phillies are “not out,” but now it seems that they’re the frontrunners. The Yankees usually get their man, but remember that RHP Greg Maddux turned them down for less money in the past. Lee’s agent could also be using this as a ploy to get the Yankees and Rangers to offer more money. For what it’s worth, Lee was vocal about the fact that enjoyed the time he spent in Philadelphia. Time will tell. Stay tuned.
– ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that Vikings’ QB Brett Favre (shoulder) may be placed on the IR after Monday night’s game. The Vikings are concerned with “putting an end to speculation” about the last few weeks of Favre’s career. According to Werder, Favre has a golf ball-sized knot between his neck and collarbone, and has experienced numbness in his throwing hand all week. Look for QB Tarvaris Jackson to finish out the season as the Vikings’ starting quarterback. Favre’s playing days are all but over.
– Nuggets’ F Carmelo Anthony denied that he gave an ultimatum to Denver management that he would only sign an extension with the Knicks, which would have heavily decreased his trade value. Regardless of his denial, the Knicks will be less inclined to sweeten the deal if they believe he wants to land in N.Y., which ultimately helps Melo down the road if he’s a Knick. Melo’s management of the press this year has been impressive, designed both to insulate him from a LeBron-like disaster while nudging both the Nuggets and Knicks to a place where a deal can be made under the current CBA.
– Nets’ rookie F Damion James (broken right foot) has undergone successful surgery and will miss 6-8 weeks.
– After tonight’s Raw, we have a new TLC PPV card. The announced card is as follows:
Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Kane (c) vs. Edge
Tables Match for the WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Randy Orton
John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio
Sheamus vs. John Morrison
Triple Threat Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger
Divas Tag Team Table Match
Lay-Cool vs. Beth Phoenix and Divas Champion Natalya
– Jeff Hardy nearly lost his custom made Immortal Championship, which according to the PWT, cost $18K to make. The TNA World Heavyweight Champion noted last night on Twitter that he had just received it back from Southwest Airlines.