– The Blackhawks are set to trade F Dustin Byfuglien, D Brent Sopel, F Ben Eager and F Akim Aliu to the Thrashers in exchange for F Marty Reasoner, F Jeremy Morin and the #24 and #54 overall picks at the 2010 Entry Draft. Byfuglien was excellent for Chicago in their run to capture the Stanley Cup, but with the Hawks right up against the cap, they’re bound to lose some big names. Byfuglien recorded 11 goals and 16 points in 22 playoff games, while notching 34 points in 82 regular season contests. The deal is pending a trading call.
– Mets’ ace LHP Johan Santana read a statement to the media on Wednesday evening concerning a TMZ.com report about a 2009 sexual battery case. Johan was accused of sexual assault in October of 2009, but never charged. “I’m aware of the situation. What I can tell you is that police have investigated these claims last year, and I was never charged with anything, and the case is closed. Unfortunately at this time, that’s all I can say. And I have no further comments.”
– Mitch Kupchak said he’d be “very surprised” if Phil Jackson doesn’t return to coach the Lakers next season. Phil said he’s leaning toward retirement, as did his daughter earlier in the week, but there’s no secret that the Lakers want Jackson to take a substantial paycut. It’s very possible that Jackson is going to play some mind games in order to get as much money as he can out of Dr. Jerry Buss if he stays. Consider him 50/50 to coach the team for now.
– The Ravens have signed QB Marc Bulger to a 1-year/$3.8M contract. Another $1.5M is available in incentives. The move makes sense for both sides. Bulger hasn’t seemed interested in playing football for three or four years, and in Baltimore will work behind up-and-coming QB Joe Flacco. Troy Smith and John Beck will compete for third-string duties.
– WWE has released NXT Season 1 announcer Savannah as of June 23, 2010.
Marc Valeri – email@example.com
VoV – www.voiceofvaleri.com
Add me on Facebook at Facebook.com/VoiceofValeri
Add me on Twitter at Twitter.com/VoiceofValeri
Join the VoV Forums
Ask me anything on FormSpring
Get VoV RSS feeds
Become a Fan of VoV on Facebook
Join the VoV Facebook Group