-– You can keep up with VoV through Twitter by clicking here.
– The Phillies, Jays and Mariners have finalized their massive three-way deal involving two Cy Young winners.
To Phillies: RHP Roy Halladay (signed three-year/$60M extension), $6M (TOR), RHP Phillippe Aumont, OF Tyson Gillies, RHP Juan Ramirez.
To Blue Jays: C Travis d’Arnaud, RHP Kyle Drabek, OF Michael Taylor.
To Mariners: LHP Cliff Lee
The Phillies have also finalized a three-year/$60M extension with RHP Roy Halladay. The Blue Jays then traded OF Michael Taylor to the Athletics for INF Brett Wallace.
Lee was 14-13 with a 3.22 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and six complete games between the Indians and Phillies in 09′ and was even better in the postseason, going 4-0 with a 1.56 ERA in five starts. Lee is making only $9M in the final year of his contract, and even if he walks via free agency, the Mariners will receive two draft picks, covering their tracks for the two prospects they’ve lost in this deal.
– The Red Sox have officially signed RHP John Lackey to a five-year/$80-87.5M deal.
– A source close to Padres 1B Adrian Gonzalez told Jorge Arangure of ESPN.com that he thinks the first baseman will be traded to the Red Sox within the next 10 days. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but this lines up with Ken Rosenthal’s report that the Red Sox are “pushing hard” to acquire Gonzalez. If 3B Mike Lowell is sent to Texas, the Red Sox will need to act quickly to address one of their corner infield positions. While 3B Adrian Beltre would be fine at third base, the 27-year-old Gonzalez would add some much-needed thump to the middle of the lineup. He had a .958 OPS and 40 home runs in 2009.
– Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reports that the Reds are still trying to trade RHP Aaron Harang. The Reds want to free up some money, so moving Harang would be the best option. He is owed $12.5M next season with a $12.75M club option for 2011. He has struggled for two straight seasons, with some injuries along the way, but he’s worth a gamble for a team who wouldn’t want to absorb the large part of a massive contract.
– According to ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick, recently non-tendered 3B Garrett Atkins has received offers from at least three teams. The three teams are not identified, though Crasnick suggests the Orioles, Twins, Mariners, Giants, and Rangers might be good fits. Atkins, 30, finished with a lousy .226/.308/.342 batting line in 2009 with nine home runs and 48 RBI but he’s only one year removed from a 21-homer season.
– Senators F Jason Spezza (torn MCL) is out six-to-eight weeks. He has five goals and 14 assists in 30 games this season.
– Ducks F Joffrey Lupul (back) will undergo back surgery on Thursday. Lupul has a herninated disc in his back. He’s expected to require six-to-eight weeks to recover from the injury. Lupul has been battling back spasms all season but he recently began to also experience numbness in his leg as a result of back injections.
– According to the Wrestling Observer, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake and The Nasty Boys — Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags — are not coming to TNA. Many wrestling fans have speculated that all three individuals would be joining TNA as a result of their close ties with Hulk Hogan.