-– You can keep up with VoV through Twitter by clicking here.
-– Become a fan of VoV on Facebook by clicking here.
– The Toronto Sun is reporting that the Blue Jays are interested in bringing back free-agents C Rod Barajas and SS Marco Scutaro. Both players will be in line for raises next season. That said, newly appointed GM Alex Anthopoulos won’t know if the team can afford both players until ownership releases the budget at the end of the month. Stay tuned.
– According to the Boston Globe, the Diamonbacks are expected to try to move SS Stephen Drew in the off-season. The Red Sox, who are still looking for a starting shortstop, could be interested (Yes, Stephen Drew is J.D. Drew’s brother).
– The Boston Globe is also reporting that that Don Mattingley could replace Joe Torre as Dodgers skipper when his contract expires after the 2010 season. Torre told reporters last week that he plans on taking a step back from baseball when his contract is up. Wait and see closer to next season before making a call.
– Seahawks coach Jim Mora said Monday that MLB Lofa Tatupu’s pectorals muscle tear is not necessarily season-ending. Tests revealed that the muscle is only partially torn and could be rehabbed in time for Tatupu to play late in the season. Mora’s injury updates are often optimistic, so take it with a grain of salt. It’s going to be tough for Tatupu to avoid the IR.
– Jets T Kris Jenkins (torn ACL in left knee) has been placed on the IR. He’s done for the season.
– Falcons CB Brian Williams (knee) is out for the season.
– Bengals DE Antwan Odom (torn Achilles) is out for the season.
– In a missed note from Sunday, Patriots QB Tom Brady set an NFL record be recording five touchdowns in the second quarter of their blowout win over the Titans.
– According to the Desert News, the Jazz are planning to pick up the 2009-10 option on F Kosta Koufos, and are looking to sign G Ronnie Brewer to a long-term deal. Stay tuned.
– The NY Post is claiming that sources close to the situation revealed that Pacers GM Larry Bird will retire after this season.
– According to reports, Avalanche F Matt Duchene will remain with the Avs this season.
– Predators F Jason Arnott (arm) has been placed on the IR. He is out two weeks.
– Bruins F Milan Lucic (broken finger) has undergone successful surgery. He’s expected to be out six weeks.
– The PWTorch Newsletter reports that TNA only pays their mid-card and under-card wrestlers if they work, as it doesn’t cost them anything if they don’t use them at the tapings, whereas the main eventers who get paid whether they work or just sit around backstage. TNA has a lot of talent under contract right now, and the creative team is said to be under pressure to book as many wrestlers as possible per taping because they know they aren’t getting paid unless they work.
– Earlier reports from Yahoo! Sports regarding free-agent middleweight fighter Dan Henderson being close to signing with StrikeForce have been denied. “I’m still hoping to come to terms with the UFC, until I heard this. And I will be exploring other options for sure, but I definitely need to make sure I get paid. I’ve never seen an offer from (Strikeforce),” said Hendersontold MMA Weekly.