– Jeff Hardy just posted the statements on Twitter:
The media is the media, I wish they would at least report the story correctly & accurately. I will make a statement later.
For the record, Matt didn’t bail me out, loan me money, or is his name on anything.. He’s just learning about today’s situation..
– Former WWE superstar Jeff Hardy was in the Moore County jail this afternoon after being arrested on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills and possession of anabolic steriods.
Hardy, 32, was arrested on Friday after a search of his home yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, powder cocaine and drug paraphernalia. His bail has been set at $125K.
A joint investigation by the Moore County Sheriff’s Office narcotics and select enforcement units and the Fayetteville Police Department led to the arrest.
The charges against Jeff Hardy include:
- Felony trafficking in opium
- Two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance
- Felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance
- Felony possession of cocaine
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Hardy just posted the following on his Twitter: “Alot of exaggerations are out there today, don’t believe everything you read 4 it is not true, I am at home and fine-thanks for your concern.” The name “Jeff Hardy” is already one of the top trending phrases on Twitter.com.
TMZ.com has picked up the story and there are a couple new details to report: Despite the large quantity of drugs seized at Jeff’s home, the street value of the drugs is estimated to be around $2,500. A source at TMZ reports that Jeff’s brother Matt posted his bail, which was set at $125K.
– Earlier this week it was reported that WWE diva Mickie James missed a house show on Sunday in Madison, Wisconsin because one of her breast implants ruptured during a match the night before. The report is accurate and the former women’s champion will undergo a corrective procedure this weekend. She will likely miss this weekend’s house shows as a result.
– The San Diego DA’s Office will not pursue two felony charges against Chargers LB Shawne Merriman in connection with his alleged domestic abuse of Tila Tequila. “After a thorough review of the investigation into the Sept. 6, 2009 incident at the Poway home of Shawne Merriman, our office has determined there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any crime was committed. This case is now closed. No further statement will be made.” Merriman will also avoid NFL discipline.
– The Raiders have placed DE Richard Seymour on their reserve/left team list, according to NFL Network’s Mike Lombardi. Reserve/left team means Seymour risks losing his entire $3.685M salary for failing to show after his trade from the Patriots.
– The Orioles have opted to shut RHP Koji Uehara (elbow) down for the rest of the season. The Orioles were hoping to use him out of the bullpen over the final few weeks of the regular season, but he showed up to Camden Yards Thursday and still had discomfort in his throwing elbow. The Japanese right-hander will finish the 2009 season with a 2-4 record, 4.05 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 48/12 K/BB ratio over 12 starts (66 2/3 innings).