– New blog up.
– According to the L.A. Times, no trace of HCG was found in Dodgers’ OF Manny Ramirez’s urine, but a prescription for the drug is what led to his suspension. HCG is typically taken by steroid users at the end of a cycle. As the Times reports, “MLB officials had begun the process of disciplining Ramirez for a positive drug test when they obtained his medical records that contained a prescription for HCG. At that point he was suspended for ‘just cause’ based on ‘non-analytical evidence’ and for which a ‘therapeutic use’ exemption was available but never requested.”
– According to a WWE source, the company plans to start cracking down on websites that illegally stream their live Pay-Per-View events for free. WWE has gone after YouTube.com for showing their footage, but they feel sites that stream live PPVs are a much higher priority as they directly impact PPV buys and cost the company real money.
– As I touched on in my last post, Devils’ coach Brent Sutter hasn’t set a timetable for deciding if he’ll return to New Jersey to coach in the 2009-10 season. Sutter still has one season remaining on his contract, but Sutter has previously admitted to feeling homesick for Atlanta and hasn’t committed to coaching again next season. For now, he has returned home to work on his farm and the Red Deer Rebels, a major junior hockey team he owns.
Sutter said, “There’s nothing new to report. There’s really nothing to say because I wanted to get home here and spend some time around here and spend some time in the office with everyone there [at the Rebels]. . . . I’m going to think this through properly and I’ll make a decision here at a later point in time.”
Don’t expect him to make an announcement anytime soon.
– TNA Wrestling re-signed James Storm to a two-year contract on Thursday. There was talk for a while that the Beer Money, Inc member was on WWE’s radar for new talent.
– ODB’s contract will expire in November of this year.