– Oh. My. God. You might need to sit down for this one. VoV forums are up and running! You can check it out by clicking here, or, through the top link under “Forums”, or under the blogroll under “Voice of Valeri Forums.” Here, you can discuss trade rumours, potential deals, or whatever floats your boat.
– Yahoo! Sports reports that OF Andruw Jones is close to signing with the Rangers on a minor-league deal.
– SI’s Selena Roberts said that she would name no other players from the list of 104 major leaguers who tested positive for steroids in 2003. Roberts said she learned of Alex Rodriguez’s inclusion on the list while working on a profile of the slugger. She also stated that she traveled to Miami on Thursday to mean with Rodriguez and give him a chance to refute the story. A-Rod, though, isn’t talking about the story.
– ESPN.com reports that 2B Ray Durham is considering retirement due to a lack of potential suitors. The 37-year-old is coming off one of his better offensive seasons, hitting .289. He has yet to turn down a contract offer.
– The Jays are finalizing details in their contract with 1B Kevin Millar.
– The Padres are continuing to internally discuss shopping RHP Jake Peavy.
– According to the Detroit Free Press, the Marlins are considering C Ivan Rodriguez.
– The Mariners are looking into OF Garret Anderson.
– The Bobcats traded F Adam Morrison and G Shannon Brown to the Lakers for F Vladimir Radmanovic.
– Suns’ F Amare Stoudemire appears closer to being dealt. Phoenix could have a totally different team by 2010.
– Lakers’ GM Mitch Kupchak has denied the rumour involving the Kings and Lakers trading F Lamar Odom and F Brad Miller.
– The Hurricanes have acquired F Jussi Jokinen from the Lightning for D Wade Brookbank, D Josef Melichar and a 4th round pick in 2009.